Botox Patient Instructions
What to do after your Botox treatment
- You may have bruising, swelling, mild discomfort, and/or a headache following the treatment. You may use an ice pack on the treated area and take Tylenol for the discomfort.
- Do not massage the treated area as this may diffuse the Botox into surrounding muscles, causing unwanted effects.
- Call our office at (206) 505-1234 if you have any rashes or persistent abnormal swelling lasting 3 or more days.
- Botox typically takes effect 3 to 7 days following treatment. Its effectiveness increases during the first week and lasts approximately 3 to 6 months.
- Some patients have a heavy sensation in their forehead during the first week. This is normal and temporary.
You can print a pdf version of these post-botox treatment instructions here.
Call our office with any questions or concerns at (206) 505-1234.